For the chicken:
- 4 chicken fillets (skinless and boneless)
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- ½ teaspoon ginger chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 celery stick sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
For the sides:
- 2 large potatoes, washed thoroughly and sliced (leave the skin on)
- 1 aubergine sliced
- 200 grams kumquats
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 drops lemon juice
- 2-3 chives
- Salt and pepper
- Marinate the chicken overnight with all the ingredients listed for the chicken.
- Prepare the kumquat preserve as follows: Place them in a small pot and cover with cold water. Simmer for 20 minutes. When the 20 minutes are up, drain them and place them in a shallow pan while also adding the sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and sauté until all ingredients have fused together (should look like spoon sweets). Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In the mean time remove the chicken fillets from the marinade and place them in a baking dish with ½ cup water to avoid sticking.
- Turn on the grill and grill the chicken fillets for about 25 minutes, turning constantly to avoid over cooking on one side.
- Place the potato and aubergine slices in another baking dish with a little oil, season and cook in a well heated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- When everything is cooked through stack the chicken fillets on top of the vegetables on a plate and garnish with chives and accompany with kumquat preserve.