300 gr. flour
700 gr.village flour
1 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
60 gr. mashed potato powder + 300 ml water
600 ml aprox. lukewarm water
- Mix all the ingredients together (first the dry ones and then the liquids, last the mashed potatoes).
- After you have made the dough, let it rise for ½ an hour.
- Whisk very well the dough and then let it rest and you repeat the god whisk.
- Heat the oil, control the temperature and cut the dough with the help of a teaspoon which occasionally you deep it so that the dough can detach during cutting and frying
- Serve the Cypriot doughnuts with sugar, if you want to avoid sugar the Cypriot doughnuts are as excellent with honey and walnuts.
- Accompany the Cypriot doughnuts with vanilla or mastic ice-cream.