- 1 whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinammon stick
- ½ kilo peas
- Salt pepper
- 4 fresh radishes
- Wash and dry the chicken well.
- Heat a deep pot and add oil. Make sure the oil is hot before continuing to the next step.
- Sauté the chicken pieces until all sides appear to be a golden brown colour.
- Remove the chicken and most of the oil from the pot (leave only a few tablespoons of oil).
- Sauté the onion in the oil, add the chicken to this and cover it with all the chicken stock, tomato paste, bay leaves, cinnamon, peas, and salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat for about 1 hour or until chicken and peas are cooked through.
- If during the whole cooking process the peas or chicken seem dry add extra water to the pot.
- As soon as the meal is ready serve it with fresh radishes as a side.